Jazz Izz



Spin it
Two minutes and fifty-nine seconds
Or count it out
One Hundred
Plus another Seventy Nine
S’your dime
That’s fine
Got all the space I need to make my time
In Two: fifty-nine

See
Jazz is the space between the notes
Jazz is the space

Between the notes
Jazz is
Jazz is
The expectation of
The syncopation of

The space between the notes
Yah dig it?

It’s the pauses
Not the clauses

Cut them into quarters twice and twice again
And I got spaces to the power of ten

I can break a heart
Fool around
Roll you over in the clover
And still have space left over

Jazz is the words between the notes
Jazz is the words

Between the notes
Jazz is
The alliteration of
The reiteration of

The words between the notes
Yah dig it?

Playing with all those crazy mad ellipses
Eclipses sound
Yah ha

Let me show you now the score
Sure

And Honey
If you're looking at all them dots
You gots
It wrong
You surely know that aint the song

Hoo boys
Them notes is noise

Jazz sings the words between the notes
Jazz sings the words

Between the notes
Jazz sings
The hesitation of

The anticipation of


The song between the notes

Call it two minutes and fifty-nine
Or count the seconds one hundred
Plus another seventy-nine
S'your dime

That's fine

Got all the space I need
For all the words I need
To sing all the songs I need

My Jazz

Like me

Izz Filled with

… Syncopated
...

No comments:

Post a Comment